Subsidised Training Opportunities
In South Australia, the demand for skilled individuals in key sectors of the economy is growing. Acquiring the right training has never been more crucial. The good news is that government-subsidised training is now more accessible than ever before. Explore the various options available and discover the course that best suits your aspirations.
If you are eligible for subsidised training, the South Australian Government will cover most of your course fees directly to your training provider. This means you can fully focus on your training without worrying about financial burdens. It’s essential to note that this isn’t a study loan; instead, it is a free grant provided to you, which means you do not need to repay it. Take advantage of this opportunity to gain the skills you need without worrying about the financial burden.
Eligibility Criteria for Subsidised Training
To determine if you are eligible for subsidised training, you must meet the following requirements:
- Residency Status:
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen
- A permanent Australian resident
- An eligible visa holder with a pathway to a permanent visa
- Age and Education Status:
- You are 16 years old or above and not currently enrolled at school, or
- Enrolled in Year 10, 11, or 12 and employed in a Training Contract that integrates VET with school-based curriculum, including SACE (South Australian Certificate of Education), OR
- Enrolled in Year 11, 12, or 13, and you are either 16 years old or turning 16 years old in the current year of your enrolment AND are undertaking SACE or an equivalent qualification.
We recommend that you verify your eligibility by visiting: https://www.skills.sa.gov.au/subsidised-eligibility
Determining your eligibility is essential to take advantage of subsidised training opportunities in South Australia. Please check the provided link to confirm if you meet the criteria and explore the training options available to you.
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Step 2: Check course information and determine your course
Step 3: Complete the Enrolment Form and send with the supporting documents specified in the form
Step 4: Attend a mandatory LLN assessment, and a suitability and support needs assessment
Step 5: Get a final confirmation of eligibility and entitlement once the assessment completed successfully and a training account created in the government portal
Step 6: Commence your course.
If you’re looking to acquire valuable skills that are in demand by employers, there’s an opportunity to benefit from reduced course fees through our subsidized programs.
We offer a wide range of subsidized courses, thanks to the support provided by the South Australian Government. This means that part of your course fees will be covered by the government.
Skilled migrants residing in South Australia may be eligible for these subsidized training opportunities. To qualify, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must live or work in South Australia, and
- You should fall under one of the following categories:a) Hold a visa with a pathway to permanent residency, b) Be a permanent Australian resident, or c) Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen.
Additionally, you must:
- Be 16 years or older and not currently enrolled in school, or
- Be enrolled in Year 10, 11, or 12 and engaged in a Training Contract that combines VET (Vocational Education and Training) with school-based curriculum, including SACE (South Australian Certificate of Education), OR
- Be enrolled in Year 11, 12, or 13 and be 16 years old or turning 16 years old in the current year of your enrollment, AND
- Be undertaking SACE or an equivalent qualification.
For more detailed information and to check the specific courses eligible for the standard subsidy, please visit the Skills SA website.
List of Courses for which subsidy is available
- SIT31021 Certificate III in Patisserie
- SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
- SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management
- BSB50120 Diploma of Business
- BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Take advantage of this opportunity to gain valuable skills and enhance your career prospects with the support of subsidized training programs.