Australian Adelaide International College (AAIC) has been approved to participate in the Australian Government’s Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP) initiative from 1st July 2015 by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
The SVP arrangement will benefit many international students by streamlining the visa application process, in terms of the documentation required and, therefore, the length of time it takes for a visa to be granted.
What is Streamlined Visa Processing?
Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP) is an initiative that was implemented on 24 March 2012 by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
The SVP Arrangements aim to assist genuine students and temporary entrants to be assessed for an Australian student visa as though they are low immigration risk, irrespective of their country of citizenship, similar to students who are subject to Assessment Level (AL) 1.
Who is eligible for Streamlined Visa Processing?
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (‘the Department’) has established SVP Arrangements for eligible prospective overseas students. You must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for streamlined student visa processing:
• At the time of making your student visa application, you must have a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) with an education provider participating in the streamlined visa processing arrangements for a:
- Advanced diploma
- Bachelor degree
- Masters degree
- Doctoral degree
- Non-award university student exchange program
- Non-award study abroad program.
• If you enrol in a package of courses, all your preliminary courses must be at an education provider participating in the streamlined visa processing arrangements or a nominated educational business partner of that provider.
Note: If you combine a non-award university student exchange or study abroad program course with any preliminary course(s) you will not be eligible for streamlined visa processing and will be assessed according to the applicable assessment level.
Genuine Temporary Entrant
Genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity measure to ensure that the Student visa Programme is used as intended and not used by international students as a way of maintaining de facto permanent residency in Australia.
A genuine international student is a student who intends to obtain a successful educational outcome and has the language, educational and material background to have a reasonable chance of achieving this educational outcome. Factors that are considered under the existing requirement to be a genuine applicant for entry and study as a student include: English language proficiency; financial capacity; prerequisite schooling; age requirements; and intention to comply with visa conditions.
How to Apply:
Read and understand the International Student Handbook carefully before applying to study at AAIC:
1. Complete the SVP Student Application Form.
2. Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- Your current Passport.
- Academic transcripts (minimum Year 12 or equivalent).
- English language test result (IELTS 5.5 overall or Equivalent).
- One recent passport size photo.
- Any other documents to support your application.
3. Please return your completed application form with all the relevant supportive documents to Australian Adelaide International College or nominated agent. Incomplete forms and/or any application received without the application fees of $250 (non-refundable) will not be processed.
4. If your application is successful, you will receive Conditional Offer Letter. If you accept the offer of admission, please fulfil the conditions as per the offer letter and supply the evidence to AAIC.
5. Based on your application, AAIC may decide to conduct an interview to assess the application against GTE criteria.
6. If you are assessed successfully against the GTE criteria, an Enrolment Agreement and an invoice for initial payment will be sent to you. If you agree to the terms and conditions of Enrolment Agreement, you must sign the Enrolment Agreement form and return to AAIC with proof of payment as soon as possible. Once signed Enrolment Agreement and initial payment is received, AAIC will issue a ‘Confirmation of Enrolment” (COE).
7. All cheques/DD must be payable to Australian Adelaide International College Pty Ltd.
Direct deposits can be made to:
Bank name: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Account Number: 11264774
Swift Code: CTBAAU2S